When hundreds of hospitals in California and northern Nevada had to swiftly improve their ability to disinfect rooms, surfaces and other items because of the COVID-19 pandemic, they knew exactly where to turn for critical equipment and supplies: Keckler Medical.
- Swab and transport mediums, rapid IgG/IgM antibody tests and protective testing exam screens
- Disposable/recyclable curtains treated with antimicrobial elements
- Hospital beds (emergency, ICU, telemetry)
- Hospital-grade disinfecting wipes and spray
- UV-C ceiling air purification system
- Washable, antimicrobial keyboards/mice/screen protect
- Stretchers, exam tables, wheelchairs, recliners, overbed tables, transfer boards and patient positioners
Robots disinfect surfaces
The robots made by Skytron and Surfacide are used to disinfect operating rooms, patient rooms or any other high-traffic setting with many hard surfaces. The tall robotic cylinders emit UV-C wavelength light rays that alter the DNA of the micro-organisms so they are unable to reproduce, thus becoming harmless to humans, Manning explained. The systems typically are sold in sets of two or three robots, and are strategically placed in a room to provide as much UV-C disinfecting light as possible to the various surfaces of the room.
Hospital, facilities looking ahead
About Keckler Medical: J.M. Keckler Medical Co., Inc. is a premier supplier of medical and surgical equipment and technologies specializing in hospitals, surgery centers, clinics and physicians’ offices in Northern California and Nevada. Its vision is to help its customers achieve operational excellence through superior service. Since 1973, it has earned national recognition because of its dedication to sales expertise, reliable technical support and knowledgeable customer service. For more, visit its website at https://kecklermedical.com/ or call (209) 847-4100.